An entrepreneur can be defined as a person who devises, sets up and runs a new business or businesses. Entrepreneurs develop, design, produce, market, and eventually sell businesses with the end goal of financial profit. They own and operate everything from small shoe stores to tech start-ups.
Entrepreneurs are responsible for planning and directing the operations of a company. They also:
· Create policies, set goals and meet with potential investors and clients
· Hire staff and prepare work schedules.
· Oversee all activities involved with the company's products and services, including marketing, distribution and sales.
· Review financial statements to determine ways to increase profits and reduce costs.
· Determine the future direction of the company.