A social media manager is responsible for monitoring and posting to all of a company's social media outlets as well as interacting with and growing the firm's audience.
Social media managers are all about engagement, which means that their primary focus is to create social posts that will resonate with audiences across multiple platforms. Day-to-day, this involves staying on top of media trends and making sure that marketing messages are consistent across all channels. Another key part of the role is building a community around a brand.
Social media has quickly proven itself as a powerful way to reach consumers and, because tweeting and posting updates sound so simple, it's attracted many people who think it's an easy, fun job that doesn't require a lot of effort. The reality is that social media never sleeps and requires a good deal of work.
A social media manager has many duties and responsibilities in any given workday, such as the following:
· Work closely with the marketing team to develop social media campaigns that help to achieve corporate marketing goals.
· Develop monthly reports on emerging social media trends that will be submitted to the management and executive teams.
· Monitor the company's social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users.
· Create methods for finding and saving online customer reviews.
· Analyze the long-term needs of the company's social media strategy and offer quarterly reports to the management and executive teams that outline any necessary changes to the digital marketing plan.
Professional Certificate in Social Media Marketing